Today was one of those grey, windy, spring days, that requires the smell of home baked goods…
I’d already finished 2 sourdough boules and some cashew milk, but decided I’d finally get around to that homemade granola I’d had in the back of my mind to make for months!
So here it is guys, and my goodness, prepare to eat half of this as soon as it leaves the oven, because it is SO bloody yummy (my children agree!).
Chocolate Chunk, Maple & Pecan Granola
- 3 x cups of Oats
- 2 x cups of Pecans (I chopped them a little, but if you’d prefer whole, it would work well too!)
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate (Chopped into Chunks)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup of Sunflower Oil (you can use oil of choice, but you want to stick to nuttier flavours rather than olive.)
- 2/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to just under Gas Mark 1/140°c.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients.
- Mix together with your hands to ensure good, even coverage.
- Push down onto a baking tray. You want to make sure it’s big enough that you can press this all down pretty flat… (see picture below)
6. Bake on the low temperature for around an hour. After the hour, turn it up to Gas Mark 2/150°c for 20mins.
That’s it! After it comes out, break it up into chunks, try and wait for it to cool (haha) and then jar it up when it’s cooled down!
Sweet, salty perfection!